1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help, Andrioid stuck at 4g Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lanshire12, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Lanshire12

Lanshire12 Lurker

Hi Guys, I am having a issue with my phone. I have a ZTE- (Bolton), and it is stuck at the Boost screen with the 4g symbol on it. It has been this way for about 3 days. I am able to get into recovery mode and restart and even tried for "reboot to bootloader" and it just does the same thing. i have even tried to clear the cache partition and it still just sticks to that boost screen once i restart it. So my question is, since i have a ton of pictures and stuff on it ( i don't want to loose) and i cant get past that screen, is there a way for me to get it back? or do i have to just wipe and reload and Hope and pray that there is some software that will actually work on it to recover my stuff? Pics below.

Attached Files:

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You really should not count on being able to recover anything after a reset, as it's extremely unlikely that will be possible (if the phone is new enough that the storage is encrypted by default there is absolutely no chance, but even without that I frankly doubt it).

Do you use the Google Photos app, or anything else with an automatic cloud backup?

Have you tried booting in safe mode? There's generally some button(s) you can press during startup to do this. If your problem is a third party app that will get you booted, after which you can back up. If the problem is something else then I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

(Unfortunately phones do break, or get lost, or stolen, so if there is anything valueable on it it's always a good idea to have a backup - and "the files are on the SD card" doesn't count as a backup, since that would get lost or stolen with the phone and is a lot more likely to fail than the phone storage).

ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.
  3. Lanshire12

Lanshire12 Lurker

Hi Hardon.
    Thanks for the reply. I did not have a SD card in it and did not use Google photos or anything like that. I am not sure how to get into safe mode. I didn't even know there was a safe mode. How exactly do o get into that? I figured that maybe I can use some recovery software to recover at least a little.

#3 Lanshire12, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Can find your exact model but maybe ths will also work on your device.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Lanshire12

Lanshire12 Lurker

Hi, i will have to try this tomorrow.. i WILL get back to you and let you know if i am able to do it.

Thanks

ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.
  6. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Your welcome Lanshire12 and welcome to Android Forums.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. Hadron

VIP Member

Though if you want to edit your post to correct that unfortunate mistyping of my name that will be cool ;)

MrJavi and mikedt like this.
  8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Auto-correcting keyboards again, that don't know "Hadron"? :)

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  9. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Checking my posts for edits is when II noticed the mistype ;)

10. Hadron

VIP Member

It wasn't you I was thinking of - post number 3 has it hyphenated as well as mistyped, making it impossible to miss ;)

MrJavi likes this.
  11. mikedt

mikedt 你好

OT:

So which Android keyboard app doesn't have a class of subatomic particle, but has sexual slangs in its dictionary?

MrJavi likes this.
  12. Hadron

VIP Member

Probably all of them...

13. Lanshire12

Lanshire12 Lurker

Sorry Man, i will Change that. I ended up Just Wiping and reloading it all. it works fine after that.

Thanks for your help though.

MrJavi and mikedt like this.
  14. Lanshire12

Lanshire12 Lurker

Name is fixed now.

MrJavi likes this.
  15. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

There is an app call DiskDigger that may be able to recover your deleted photos. The key word is "may". 100.png 102.png

ZTE Bolton Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews