• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! Androd 2.3 Update killed my phone!

fwillson

Lurker
Dec 21, 2009
My phone auto updated this morning and now is no longer functioning. Every time you touch it the screen goes black and the clock freezes. The only thing that remains is status bar at the top. It won't accept any phone calls. I've rebooted 6 times now with the same result.

My phone is critical to my work and need to get it fixed ASAP. I'll go to Verizon later today (but would prefer to fix it this morning.)

My phone auto updated this morning and now is no longer functioning. Every time you touch it the screen goes black and the clock freezes. The only thing that remains is status bar at the top. It won't accept any phone calls. I've rebooted 6 times now with the same result.

My phone is critical to my work and need to get it fixed ASAP. I'll go to Verizon later today (but would prefer to fix it this morning.)

were you rooted prior to the install?? had you frozen any apps?...

if not...the only way i can think to get yourself out of this is try a factory reset...only problem is you're going to lose everything...your apps/contacts will restore themselves once it comes back...but things like your texts will be gone..

Upvote 0
Sorry for the novice question but could you tell me how to reboot into recovery?

with the phone off...hold down the home key you will get to a screen with a Triangle with an exclamation point in it...then you're gonna press both volume keys at the same time (i think....it was the search key in Froyo but they changed it in GB..i believe its the volume keys now)....then you're going to select wipe data/factory reset...

Upvote 0
with the phone off...hold down the home key you will get to a screen with a Triangle with an exclamation point in it...then you're gonna press both volume keys at the same time (i think....it was the search key in Froyo but they changed it in GB..i believe its the volume keys now)....then you're going to select wipe data/factory reset...

If anyone else had trouble figuring out navigation, the top power button is "select," while the volume buttons browse up and down.

I had the same issue; hard rebooted maybe 20 times to no avail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones