1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

help. android browser to save pages for offline reading

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by WeldPhaser, Nov 3, 2014.

1. WeldPhaser

WeldPhaser Newbie

hey peps,

i just got a new tablet, and I'm disapointed that there is no longer an option to save the webpage for offline viewing.

I had a samsung strat , and using the buit n browser I was able to save pages for offline reading. This is very important to me because I'm a semi-pro poker player and i save posts in my two poker forums . the posts are hands memebers post to gain advice on the hand. by being abe to view it offline I can to in-dpth analysis on the hands.

Anyway it doesn't appear to me that i can save a page for offline readiing anymore on the pre installled android browser. ive tried opera, and firefox. Now firefox has an otion to save pge aas a .pdf , which i tied , but it doesn'tbrng up the whole page. if someone could pls direct me to an app or browser that can do this i will be very grateful.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Pocket (formerly Read It Later) is one of the most popular options for offline viewing of web pages. You can share items from any browser (or application) to Pocket, and it will automatically download the article/page/video/etc for offline viewing.

There are actually a number of other options, but Pocket is the one that I've used most.

funkylogik and electricpete like this.
  3. WeldPhaser

WeldPhaser Newbie

thankks man im giving it a try now . i apprciate the quick feedback