• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Help! Android dev newbie!

Okay, the last time I did Java programming was years ago in college and now I'm having problems figuring out what I'm doing :)

I'm planning on creating a Plurk app for Android and I have the API but I think I'm doing something wrong. Basically the API just send the information via HttpClient and should post a message to Plurk.com, but I get nothing when I run it in the Android emulator. If I copy and paste the address that the API sends to into the browser it works just fine.

If anyone out there doesn't mind helping a newbie out, I would greatly appreciate any help you can spare.

Thanks!

Did you enable Internet access in your app? This is done in the manifest file. Check out the permissions section here: Security and Permissions | Android Developers for specifics.

If that is set, check that the emulator is able to access the Internet with the Internal browser. I have had bad emulator builds where the network connection just wouldn't work, until I rebuilt the emulator.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones