• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP - Android Market "server error" Galaxy S

Barry1331

Lurker
Jun 2, 2011
Hello

I have been trying to figure out how to fix a Market problem I have. When I try to go into market, it does not get very far then says "Attention - A server error has occured" It then does a "Forced Stop"

I have been dealing with this for a couple of weeks. The first thing I tried was to uninstall the updates. I did this because I could not find where to actually uninstall then reinstall the actual Market program. Thsi did not work.

Then I upgraded firmware to 2.2. Same problem.

I have had my Samsung Galaxy S for almost a year and it is just now acting up.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

*WARNING* I am a technological idiot so solutions have to be specific and in terms easy to understand for said idiot.

Hello

I have been trying to figure out how to fix a Market problem I have. When I try to go into market, it does not get very far then says "Attention - A server error has occured" It then does a "Forced Stop"

I have been dealing with this for a couple of weeks. The first thing I tried was to uninstall the updates. I did this because I could not find where to actually uninstall then reinstall the actual Market program. Thsi did not work.

Then I upgraded firmware to 2.2. Same problem.

I have had my Samsung Galaxy S for almost a year and it is just now acting up.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

*WARNING* I am a technological idiot so solutions have to be specific and in terms easy to understand for said idiot.

Hey guys,

I had a similar problem (well somewhat) with my Galaxy S when I first got it. You can find out more from this thread: http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...count-android-market-after-factory-reset.html

As the solution there suggests, you can try registering your google account via the youtube application (login with your entire gmail id). Don't know if this'll help you but it's worth a try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones