1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help: Another desire stuck in boot-loop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikeyb37, Dec 23, 2011.

1. mikeyb37

mikeyb37 Lurker

BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-0.93.0001
    MICROP-031d
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
    RADIO-5.11.05.27
    Aug 10 2010,17:52:18

Serial number HT04

System update 2.17.61.3 (Orange update)

Hi all, have tried searching here & xda for a solution but no luck so far... guess i should start with the stuff i do know...

Phone was originally locked to Orange & unlocked about 3 months ago, been running fine (on vodafone) until it froze whilst writing a txt. Left it for about 10 minutes to see if it freed up but no luck so pulled the battery. Since then it's been locked in the dreaded white screen boot-loop.
    I can get into hboot/fastboot no problem (vol up/down & power buttons working ok), but pressing 'recovery' sends me back into bootloop.
    Have created a goldcard (2gb samsung sd) and tried flashing generic ruu/roms via both PB99.IMG & usb methods. when trying PB99 it accepts the zipfile and starts to update, but always freezes on '(7) SYSTEM' (left it for over 45 minutes). When trying to install via usb it again seems to see the phone at first (telling me that it's currently running the 2.17 update, but then i always get the 170/171 usb error message and the pc shuts down the connection. I've checked device manager and the pc is 'seeing' the phone & recognising the bootloader interface so i'm assuming that i've got the htc sync drivers installed correctly.

Sorry it's a bit long-winded but just wanted to get everything across, not sure what else to say other than thanks in advance for any help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews