• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help: any one got a 2001 BMW 330CI???

dan330

Extreme Android User
Jan 22, 2010
Hi everyone,

I have a 2001 BMW 330ci (USA)... and is having overheating issues. I am looking at the fuse box in the glove compartment. but dont have the diagram of the fuses and what they are for. If you have the same car..Can anyone take a pic of their fuse box diagram?

Thanks a bunch :eek:

when does it overheat? and let us know if problem solved or not?

There was a leak from the water reservoir.. I replaced that and the thermostat. It still overheated with just the engine on, sitting still. Checked fuses to see any related fuses.

Are there sensors that needs to be replaced??

I was also thinking it might be the water pump..

Upvote 0
There was a leak from the water reservoir.. I replaced that and the thermostat. It still overheated with just the engine on, sitting still. Checked fuses to see any related fuses.

Are there sensors that needs to be replaced??

I was also thinking it might be the water pump..
could be water pump, but there is sensors for temp to turn on electric fans. also fan should stay on all the time if air is on. try air and if fan doesn't come on might be the fan. to test, run straight power and ground to fan, if not come on no good, if does then sensor or fuse is no good.

Upvote 0
With the heat in north Texas... I am thinking.. Water Pump or sensor
if bad can just see on dipstick. if not that bad over night or a day or two if pull oil plug for a second and then look at oil will see water if any. oil floats on oil, so oil will be on bottom. if bad the oil pump mixes the oil and water and will be milky white like mixing oil and vineger, then when sitting they seperate.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones