1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help! Any tips on taking pics in low light?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 3cutiger, May 10, 2011.

1. 3cutiger

3cutiger Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 16, 2010
    My Fascinate does an incredible job in daylight, outside pics, but have noticed indoors and under outside lights (my boys play baseball, pictures after games on the field under field lights) are ALWAYS blurry. Using the stock camera app, ISO set on Auto, Auto focus, Resolution at 5MP, Centre weight metering, anti shake and auto contrast on, superfine image quality

Any settings i need to change, or camera app I need to try?

Advertisement

2. xjestersdeadx

xjestersdeadx Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Manually set your ISO higher. The ISO is how sensitive the camera is to light, the higher the number, the less light is needed. But, on higher ISOs your picture will get grainer as you go up the scale, especially on the very high side.

Also, I noticed that the burst mode lowers the resolution down dramatically just 640x480. The camera is just able to process the pics faster. I would try 1 or 2 MP and see if that helps as well. Unless you are blowing up the pictures beyond 8x10 in print size, the MPs won't matter anyway unless you need to crop in or zoom the picture later.

3cutiger likes this.
  3. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    I tried taking pictures in a darker place, the pics would be blurry with the flash.

What else can we change?

Does the anti shake actually work? Or is it making it difficult to take a clear pics?

I mean i did manually focus before taking the pics, but they still came out blurry.