1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help applying November update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by irishjoeyo, Nov 15, 2010.

1. irishjoeyo

irishjoeyo Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    My phone is currently rooted and it was done using unrEVOked. I did not apply any custom ROMS; the only change I made was moving the Amazon and VZ Navigator apps.

I selected the option to reboot and install the update when I was prompted to do so, but it just became stuck at a screen that said "Rebooting..." and it never changed. I powered it off and then back on, but the update never applied. I have not been prompted to install the update since then.

I would like to apply the November update using the easiest method. If I have to unroot it, I don't care because root access isn't that important to me. I have read these instructions, but they're incomplete as they don't show you how to actually perform the steps listed, specifically step #1.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI
    Do you have Tasker, System Monitor, SetCPU, AutoMemoryManager, or Widget Locker? If not, there is nothing TO do for step #1.

irishjoeyo likes this.
  3. irishjoeyo

None

Apr 8, 2010
    Thank you, euph_22. No, I do not have any of those apps. From the instructions, I could not tell if they were third-party apps or standard apps/settings I wasn't familiar with.

4. irishjoeyo

None

Apr 8, 2010
    Do you, or does anyone else, know what steps 10.a and 10.c are referring to? They say, "Start with arrow out of a box and flash a few times" and "Start with circle/down arrows and thermometer this time, respectively, but I don't understand what either of them means.

5. Kyleinstyle

Kyleinstyle Newbie
    None

May 2, 2010
    That's what you will see on the phone as it goes through the update/reboot process.

irishjoeyo likes this.
  6. irishjoeyo

None

Apr 8, 2010
    OK, so I continued with steps 11, 12, and 13. After I deleted update.zip from the SD card, renamed the Clockwork file and copied it to the root of the SD and powered down, I can no longer boot up my phone. I did Power+Vol Up and it vibrated 3 times, then nothing. Did a battery pull...same thing. I'm a little concerned at this point.

EDIT

I did another battery pull and I am able to power it up normally, but Power+Vol Up no longer works.

EDIT #2

OK, so I misunderstood the instructions and I was able to apply the Clockwork update. The instructions really are not very clear.

7. jager1313

jager1313 Newbie
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    What happens if you do not load all the "crapware" back in?

I used TI Backup to uninstall a lot of things... and I dont remember which.

I also may have deleted City ID permanently.

8. irishjoeyo

None

Apr 8, 2010
    From my understanding, the update will fail if you don't have the stock apps loaded. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding. I re-loaded them back on and it installed just fine.