• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help ASAP My sidekick randomly turning off AFTER I reboot it?

Ashypon

Lurker
Apr 8, 2012
Yesterday my phone started acting weird. It would shut off for no reason and go from having a battery level of %80 to %15 within minutes. I'd be pulling the battery and hitting the power button every 2-3 hours. This morning, in addition to that problem, I had no data connectivity without wifi. I did a data factory reset and I had connection after but even before I downloaded apps again, it was still turning off on its own with no reason. Hours ago it got stuck on the loading screen, the phone logo would flash on the screen, but that's all it did and the phone was no use at all. I plugged it in to my computer USB to charge, the screen would show the battery and loading circle, then turn off and repeat. After about 30 minutes of trying, I managed to get to the Android Recovery 3e and I cleared the data and rebooted the phone, did this 3 or 4 times each, and after my Sidekick would seem to work normal, but I didn't have a status bar and the home screen was frozen, and then it would shut off again. I'm really in need of my phone, so anyone who can help it's GREATLY appreciated!

My phone has never been rooted.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones