1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help asap Samsung stellar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KirkwoodLucas, Jan 10, 2013.

1. KirkwoodLucas

KirkwoodLucas Member
    None

Jan 4, 2013
    Male
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Okay i rooted my Samsung stellar everything went okay, and the way i rooted it was with a S3 root, so i wanted to back up my rom to play around so i downloaded room manger, i didn't see my device supported for the clockworkmod so i downloaded a s3 one, after that, it went into recovery boating, it went into a loop, and when it finally turnt on MY TOUCHSCREEN AND SOFTKEYS WONT WORK, so i went home and just turnt my phone back to stock. still wont work. i factory reset so now my usb debugging is off. should i just start looking at a new phone? i have no warnty

Advertisement

2. Aglarond

Aglarond Newbie
    None

Oct 26, 2012
    See my post here:

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-ste...52719-no-touchscreen-no-odin.html#post5245896

That will take you back to stock, even if you've completely jacked up your kernel and recovery.

Edit: You are now the 3rd or 4th person I've heard of who's rooted their phone, installed CWM and then lost their touchscreen. I haven't heard of this happening with TWRP. Could be a coincidence, but maybe not. Neither TWRP or CWM have recoveries specific to this phone and we're just using the S3 versions. Could be a subtle difference somewhere.

-mS