• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help. back to stock rom.

nismo323

Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
ok sooo i just bought an evo4g with myn wormhole 2.2 on it and i dont want it on there. i have tried restoring it to the original but have had no luck. there is absolutely nothing on this phone that i want to save so is there any kind of master reset to stock? iv been trying different things for about 3 hours now and no luck. and it wont update to stock from the sd card.

do not erase or format your sd card. well not yet anyway. if you do you may not be able to boot your phone.

your phone is rooted, or unlocked if you will. this is actually a good thing.

you can do several things...

keep your current rom (software your running) and just wipe all the old data.

flash a new rom, completely stock if you want, with root access of course.

unroot your phone and flash back to stock.

if you stay rooted you will not be able to take over the air updates. this is not necessarily a bad thing.

you can erase/format the sd card once you know what you would like to do.

read through this thread for more information on root http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/129648-quick-intro-rooting-those-new-rooting.html

Upvote 0
do not erase or format your sd card. well not yet anyway. if you do you may not be able to boot your phone.

your phone is rooted, or unlocked if you will. this is actually a good thing.

you can do several things...

keep your current rom (software your running) and just wipe all the old data.

flash a new rom, completely stock if you want, with root access of course.

unroot your phone and flash back to stock.

if you stay rooted you will not be able to take over the air updates. this is not necessarily a bad thing.

you can erase/format the sd card once you know what you would like to do.

read through this thread for more information on root http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/129648-quick-intro-rooting-those-new-rooting.html

i know that rooting is actually a good thing but im really not that interested in dealing with little issues that go along with it. this is my first android phone and i really just want it the way it suppose to be. i didnt know it was unlocked before i got it other wise i wouldn't have gotten it.

when i got it tho the phone had no sd card so i had to put my own in.

i tried downloading the stock rom and installing it from the sd card i had but it keeps saying "install aborted"( i zipped it and everything)

i had also installed a rom manager from the app store and now when ever i go into the recovery screen i get something that doesnt look like the original. it says "clockworkmod recovery v3.0.0.5".

so i have no clue what to do. and its not that the phone doesnt work its that i read up on the rom i have and im pretty sure thats the thing that destroys my battery life cause the battery drops like crazy.

there is no kind of master reset?

Upvote 0
i had also installed a rom manager from the app store and now when ever i go into the recovery screen i get something that doesnt look like the original. it says "clockworkmod recovery v3.0.0.5".

so i have no clue what to do. and its not that the phone doesnt work its that i read up on the rom i have and im pretty sure thats the thing that destroys my battery life cause the battery drops like crazy.

there is no kind of master reset?

yeah in rom manager you probably switched recovery versions from ra to clockwork, no big deal.

honestly that rom should ave the same if not slightly better then stock battery life.

there is no master reset, it will only clear data for the current software it has on it.

also if you run a stock rom while rooted there shouldn't be any issues.

I would suggest learning how to flash a rom correctly before unrooting. here is the stock rooted rom. there are no modifications to this rom and it is not even themable. Supersonic_3.70.651.1-Odexed_signed_teshxx.zip

here is the link on how to unroot. I have never tried this or even read through it. [GUIDE] How to Unroot the EVO in 2 STEPS - xda-developers I think there are also instructions in the rooting for dummies thread at the top of the rooting section.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones