1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

help - battery issues?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Mar 28, 2016.

?

what causes your phone to suddenly turn off

1. virus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. get a new phone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Android Question

Ok so first off I have a HTC desire 510 and for the past few weeks my phone randomly shut off and will not cut on unless I put it on the charger . My phone goes from 88% to off all of a sudden and when I put it on the charger it is at 0% in less than 2 seconds! This is like serious sudden battery drainage. I have reset my phone and installed every anti virus and malware software possible but the results come back with nothing . Norton, McAfee, Avast, u name it they come up with nothing. Please help irk if this is a malfunction or I have a virus that can't be detected. My phone is not rooted and I barely have any apps.I never install anything.

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

How long have you owned the phone?
    If you remove the battery, can you see any bulges?

3. I have had this phone for exactly a year now and I just checked the battery and I see no bulges.

4. On another note I just took the battery out when examining it ( my phone was at 33% battery after shutting down earlier and me having to recharge it) needless to say it is back at 100%. My phone can't possibly be reading the battery life accurately.

5. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

You could try another battery, about $10 at Amazon. I've read about recalibrating battery stats on phones but have never tried it.

6. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert