• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help...Before 2 week period end...Turning OFF

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
I want to know if this is a problem before my two week remorse period ends.

I much rather have a new phone sent to me, rather than possibly a refurb OR new phone, "we never know" yeah right (I do know that refurb do go thru stringent testing, I prefer new)

To the point

In this, the first week and a half, 2-3 times my phone has just turned off BUT restarted immediately.

Is this a bad thing? FWIW, i was in google earth tonight, searched for "crabs" and then did a "navigate to conrad crabs" It found it, then it went off

IT could be bad...or it could be a way of protecting itself from something, right?...

Your input is appreciated as always..

Thanks all.

Before getting this one, and in another thread I fretted. ...about getting, and even keeping

Well, with this problem. My choices come upon me again

One thing. The two choices before me in the past, weeded themself out
I am not a fan of Sprint. My love of the N1 that quick made me realize I did not need to go there for the EVO

Also the Incredible. It is just OK, but no better at all. My friend Danielle has it and says the same

So now the option is:
1. to believe the couple bad phones I have had are a fluke and get another (what I am leaning to believe)
2. To leave eleven years with Tmo and go get the X. But why, it has not been proven on paper it is even as good as the EVO or N1
3. The Samsung Phones. Captivate - Don't wanna goto ATT The Galaxy S - Too much money and is unlocked...no support
Tmobile Vibrant..I may consider BUT

Didn't I just read that it has NO flash. Why would anyone make a phone with no flash?? It won't be as good as the N1 will it

Does the Galaxy s or S pro have a flash . BTW what is the difference of those

Thanks for your help agaiiiinnnn. I feel I am leaning to the N1 again. Just not having the phone and waiting to make the decision is the hardest

Upvote 0
Thanks all.

Before getting this one, and in another thread I fretted. ...about getting, and even keeping

Well, with this problem. My choices come upon me again

One thing. The two choices before me in the past, weeded themself out
I am not a fan of Sprint. My love of the N1 that quick made me realize I did not need to go there for the EVO

Also the Incredible. It is just OK, but no better at all. My friend Danielle has it and says the same

So now the option is:
1. to believe the couple bad phones I have had are a fluke and get another (what I am leaning to believe)
2. To leave eleven years with Tmo and go get the X. But why, it has not been proven on paper it is even as good as the EVO or N1
3. The Samsung Phones. Captivate - Don't wanna goto ATT The Galaxy S - Too much money and is unlocked...no support
Tmobile Vibrant..I may consider BUT

Didn't I just read that it has NO flash. Why would anyone make a phone with no flash?? It won't be as good as the N1 will it

Does the Galaxy s or S pro have a flash . BTW what is the difference of those

Thanks for your help agaiiiinnnn. I feel I am leaning to the N1 again. Just not having the phone and waiting to make the decision is the hardest

Give the Nexus One another try ;) You might simply have some bad luck :( Ask Google to see if they can extend the 15 days grace period for another 15 days to see if this one isn't bad as well.

If you're set on the Moto X...wait until it comes out and you can play with it in store to see if you like it.

A phone that is 'Pro' means that it's geared towards business use and will have a physical Qwerty keyboard. Everything else is the same.
Samsung Galaxy S Pro Specs Leak

Upvote 0
Thanks Roze. Is it true that the Samsung is not gonna have the flash.
I couldn't get one without with as much as I use my phone for that

But with these problems, it def has to go back, I wouldn't want to take a chance it is is ok and have it go up in a month even with my limited resources..

I have faith in Google still. I like the N1. I just want the best phone out there
They are two mutually exclusive events..getting a new phone now because of the problem AND what phone to get .

Upvote 0
Thanks bitxboi..not sure your reasoning. I saw a lot about "high end" this, "high end" that....

Now I just read some reviews about the Samsung overlay being sluggish and not looking as good as Sense UI and also the phone is all plastic and also NO flash. I can't understand that

As far as comparing it to Sense...we are lucky, I don't want ANY kind of user interface overlay, but I certainly dont wanna regress.

Thanks. (ps Motorola is out considering I had had EVO and Incredible off my list but two reviews said the X was not as good as our Nexus. So to me then, if I use my logic, either we have the best phone :) OR I don't know a lot about it, it seems like a small differencee, but I read straight out of PC Magazine, the HTC Desire is the Best Droid. It is the same basically right..don't u think. Besides we can''t get a US one, at least with 3G That will ALSO get supported.

So to bed peacefully for a change. I am at peace that I for once have the best .. ROTFLMAO

I made a comment the other day...is it guys, or techies (I am in the newbie category) that has to have the best

Goodnight all. Thanks for your help and patience

I enjoy being here. When u have had health probs like I have, it feels good to get friendly responses. We never know what we are doing to people when we help...I figured I'd tell you

Thanks

Upvote 0
...but I read straight out of PC Magazine, the HTC Desire is the Best Droid. It is the same basically right..don't u think.

*in her worst French accent* Non monsieur, ce n'est pas vrai!!!

The Desire is a COPY...yes a COPY of the Nexus One...basically HTC used Google's N1 specs added a few changes (radio capability and some others) made it more square added its Sense UI and branded it the Desire. Thus in my opinion the Nexus One is superior!!!

Upvote 0
Rose, the Desire has the radio, track pad, Sense UI, actual home base keys (here is something a lot of people reviewing it might go for), what else?

And what does the N1 have that the Desire doesn't

Maybe voice text??
BTW, the two phones that I was thinking of getting, there are two things I adore on the N1, the included (being a Google phone) GPS no monthly fee AND voice text , fwiw, voice in anything like email, etc

The X and the new Samsung , do they have either of those?

Ok. I was up til 6. Yes, 6 back to bed for a few. Hopefully I can talk with u on here later today

Upvote 0
Except for what you listed on the Desire that the N1 doesn't have, the only thing that the N1 has that the Desire doesn't is the dual mic noise cancellation.

I prefer tackball to trackpad since it's more accurate and light notification ftw. The N1 DOES have radio capability...it's not just enabled from what I've read. the menu/home/search keys being physical makes the buttons more responsive on then the N1's touch buttons.

I'm not sure if Tmo has put any limitations on their phones, if they haven't you should be fine using the Google Nav and GV.

Something interesting to note, the Galaxy S that is heading to Verizon has LED Flash
The Android 2.1-powered Vibrant has some hefty features, including a 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird processor, a 4-inch Super AMOLED display, a 5-megapixel AF camera/camcorder with LED flash, and a microSD card slot.
Verizon Wireless nabs Samsung Fascinate; T-Mobile gets Vibrant (updated) | ZDNet

Upvote 0
But the Samsung Vibrant heading to Tmo does NOT have the flash right? would that be a killer for you?

Were you then advocating a Desire then, since I could use the home keys , gps and voice text -- There is NO desire in the States for Tmo yet, is there? Besides, I would have possibly no 3g, and while I may have support, it may not be guaranteed, right.

Upvote 0
But the Samsung Vibrant heading to Tmo does NOT have the flash right? would that be a killer for you?

Were you then advocating a Desire then, since I could use the home keys , gps and voice text -- There is NO desire in the States for Tmo yet, is there? Besides, I would have possibly no 3g, and while I may have support, it may not be guaranteed, right.

Nope, the Tmo version doesn't have LED Flash :mad: well...it depends, are you the type that will use your camera phone primarily as your camera or will you be carrying you SLR camera everywhere you go. Lack of flash means horrible picture quality at night.

Cellular South will be carrying the Desire in August fwiw
Cellular South Announces the HTC Desire | Android Phone Fans

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones