1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help before I nail this thing to a wall

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OuttaCyTE, Aug 20, 2012.

1. OuttaCyTE

OuttaCyTE Lurker

Or perhaps convert it to bits of plastic by sudden deceleration against a hard object.

I'm in a love-hate relationship with the phone.

I actually really like the phone. It's the Phone App which pisses me off.

I can't take it out of my pocket without it answering (if it's right side up) or declining (if it's upside down). The locked answer gesture is a down swipe and the locked decline gesture is an up swipe.

I need to change it so that the gesture is left / right or perhaps something more complex like a Z (answer) and X (decline).

Can I replace the phone app? I'm willing to root/jailbreak/whatever to get this resolved.

Any other options besides "careful how you touch the screen"? (btw, it's not me touching the screen, it will answer / decline even if I only touch the edges to extract it from the pocket.)

While I'm wishing, any way to change the placement of the end call button? It sits exactly over the place where the call button is when there is no call. So I finish a conversation and go to press end, but the other end already did so is changes to call about the time I press. Thus calling the person I just spoke with.

-g

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF!!!
    You can use GoLauncherPro which is a different launcher in addtion to GoLocker which is gives you options for different lockscreens.
    However, I am not quite sure if you will end up with the same screen when someone calls, follow?
    As far as the placement of the call button/end button not sure.
    The other option is possibly a different dialer app in the market (play store)
    Never checked it out tho.
    The last option is to root and put a different rom on the phone and some roms offer different lockscreens/call screens to change layout.
    Hope this helps:)

3. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Different rom is the only way. The call answer screen will be the same no matter which launcher or lockscreen you have. Although I wonder if there are any call settings you could mess with.

Mikestony likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews