1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Help! Black Dot on screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stryker707, Oct 7, 2010.

1. stryker707

stryker707 Member

Jul 2, 2010
    I don't know what this is, but when I looked at my screen today on a white screen, I noticed a very small black dot or speck. At first I thought it was just some dust so I brushed off the screen - but it was still there! I even flet over the area to make sure it wasnt a scratch, no scratch! perfectly smooth on top. I even restarted the phone to see if it was some software display issue.

Nothing is making this stupid thing go away! I have never dropped the phone or anything, does anyone have a clue what it is?

Advertisement

2. Awful

Awful Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Stuck or dead pixel?

3. stryker707

stryker707 Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Has there ever been a pixel issue w/ the evo phones? I've yet to see anything, I'd hate to be the first to experience it

4. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Workin at the squeaky mart.
    Residin in Florida
    Pretty sure it could be a stuck/dead pixel. I have a red/pinkish one towards then edge of my screen.

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I do some stuff and get paid for it...that's all t
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Yes, there was widespread issues with "the b key" or something like that. A lot of reports of the same exact stuck pixel.

Download the pixel fixer app from the market. That will sometimes work. If it doesn't then return it for a hardware defect!

6. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    yes, I've had three evo's with dead pixels.

Download Screen Test from the market. If it happens on all colors, then its a dead pixel. take it into sprint for a replacement.

stryker707 likes this.
  7. stryker707

stryker707 Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Okay so I dont know if this sucks more or less. I ran the Screen Test app (thanks btw) but none of the screens altered the state of the "speck". I believe that somehow there is dust stuck behind my screen, one damn speck of dust. I dont know how it got there or what to do now but I'm pretty sure it's not a dead pixel.

If anyone has any suggestions that'd be great

8. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    The only thing you can do it take it to sprint. They will either give you a whole replacement phone, or if they have the parts/time, they will replace the screen.

Tags: