1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP!!! Black Screen!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MicIsom, Jan 2, 2012.

1. MicIsom

MicIsom Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Droid incredible got wet, dried it out in rice. Now the home, menu & back arrow light up, I hear notification sounds and can hear the phone ringing but the screen is totally black!! I can still feel it vibrating when I touch the screen or the buttons on the bottom. After trying to research the problem I am confused as to if it is the touchscreen digitizer or the LCD Display that needs to be replaced. Any info would be helpful!!! The sooner the better....I live by my phone and have already been with out it for 3 days....I am going into withdrawls....

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    patience is the key with a wet phone. It is always best to let it air dry for at least a week, without the battery, before attempting to turn it on or you risk doing more damage.
    It would be really difficult to know exactly what is broken on the phone (it may just need more drying out). You could have multiple things fried causing the screen not to work. So either just start replacing things and hope for the best or give it a week and see what happens (stop attempting to turn it on). Opening the phone up to replace things may clue you into the damage too. You may need to replace the display and the digitizer.

PS: adding tiny rice particles/dust to the phone doesn't help either. Stick with desicant packets or plain old air.

MicIsom likes this.