1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

help bootloop problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drevlin, Dec 17, 2013.

1. drevlin

drevlin Lurker

OK so I have a Samsung galaxy proclaim. It is rooted and It has stock recovery. I accidently changed something in the build.prop and the phone restarted and to find out it got stuck in a boot loop. The USB port on the phone is broke so using a computer is out of the question. I have tried clearing cache from recovery menu and ressetting the phone multiple of times with no luck with a fix.......
    So my question is... is there any possible way of fixing my problem? Maybe with the apply an update from the SD card option in recovery? Which by the way every time I try to use that option I always get the error signiture verification denied update aborted.... so any suggestions? I would be so greatful.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

You can SD card boot, even to fix a hard brick, but then you need the USB port to go any further. Fixing a phone with no USB port is like walking without legs. If you can open the phone, and get some 30 gauge or thinner insulated wire, at least tack on a microUSB port for the repair work.

3. drevlin

drevlin Lurker

Yeah I figured that may be my only option at this point... I was just hoping for an alternative route. Thanks for your response though

4. MikeEthio

MikeEthio Well-Known Member

Don't you've backups if you do try to restore it, always make backup before changing anything on your phone so if it goes wrong you'll restore your backup.

5. drevlin

drevlin Lurker

Yes I have a backup of everything on and about that phone but I don't have cwm recovery. Just stock. And I have a broken USB port. Is there another way to restore my build.props?

Samsung Galaxy Proclaim Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Proclaim release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews