1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help. Both camera and back buttons not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bigdog999, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Bigdog999

Bigdog999 Newbie

Hi, I have a rooted Droid X that I just upgraded to .602. Now I don't think this was caused by the upgrade, but I noticed that neither the back button nor the camera buttons are working. I'm not sure if its hardware or software. Running the camera, I do get a response when I press the camera button, but doesn't take a picture, just blinks the screen. Is there a setting for the hardware buttons or is it time to bring it back to the store?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

I can't speak for the "back" button, but the camera needs the sdcard to save pics. Is that full or working ok? Any corrupt pictures?

3. Bigdog999

Bigdog999 Newbie

SD card is working fine and plenty of room. Brought it to the store and they recommend doing a insurance claim because it has third party software on it, clockworks. so any idea how i can do a factory reset without the camera button. nevermind i found it

4. Bigdog999

Bigdog999 Newbie

So after removing root from the device, sbfing to 596, factory reset including sdcard, taking the ota to .602, Verizon rejects my warranty because they claim that there is corrosion on the power port. What corrosion I say. See how your power port is slightly discolored. I'm like what the f*** are you talking about, that may have been how it came. So now I'm stuck paying $100 for an insurance claim. What a ripoff

5. colchiro

I would have tried another VW store.

6. brute347

brute347 Well-Known Member

Damn that sucks :/ I feel for ya I had to pay for a phone too :/

7. Bigdog999

Bigdog999 Newbie

Well after two insurance phones, I got one that worked. Funny thing, the blasted ports look the same. Colchiro, the Technician logged the visit so any other technician would have looked it up and followed suit. Scammers

8. colchiro

I considered that possibility after I hit the submit button. :D

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews