1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HELP! Box lists two different colors!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AJH, Jan 8, 2012.

1. AJH

AJH Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Student
    Hey all,
    I just got what is supposed to be a Champagne Transformer Prime in the mail. The side of the box has the champagne box checked off. However, the label on the back with the serial number says "Gray" on it. I've tried calling the place I ordered it from and they couldn't figure out what color it was. I called Asus and they couldn't tell me what color it was.

The place I ordered it from told me not to undo the shrink-wrap and they'll call me back tomorrow, but who knows if they will actually be able to help. Anyone else get the champagne and have the label with the serial number say "gray"? I don't want to risk not being able to return it if the color is wrong.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. rz22g

rz22g Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    I would not open it if the option to return or exchange is not an option after the fact. My guess would be that the color on the serial number label is correct.

3. vectorman

vectorman Newbie
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    I have the champagne Prime. My box says "Gray" on the bottom part of the label, but at the top of the same label it says "TF 201--B1--CG". I suspect that the "Gray" means something other than the color, because that would be "Grey". Just a thought.

4. Mubble

Mubble Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Just open it. If its not the colour you ordered, return it based on it being the wrong colour. Simple.

5. karib

karib Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    Female
    Dental Assistant
    IL
    This is exactly my thought as well...

6. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 31, 2010
    Male
    IT Support
    This depends on who he has ordered from.

They could well turn around and say that because its been opened they won't accept it back.

You could argue that as it is a different colour its wasn't what you ordered and hence is unfit for purpose but if it was ordered from a small independant retailer, then it may be a while trying to get a replacement or a refund.

See what they say. Mosst likely they will say to open and check and if its wrong they SHOULD change it.

7. rz22g

rz22g Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    2nd Vectorman. If you are referring to the "Gray" he pointed out I would disregard that. Check under the top barcode on the label and see if the last two letters are CG or GR.

I thought you were referring to the Grey and not Gray in my other response.

8. AJH

AJH Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Student
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I ended up convincing the retailer to let me open it, and it was the right color. Still unsure why the label said "gray", but it seems they all say that based off vectorman's post.