1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help?! Brand new OEM battery acting strange

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by garybeck, Jun 4, 2011.

1. garybeck

garybeck Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    I just received a brand new OEM battery for my phone. Just wanted to have a backup.

I put the battery in the phone and it wouldn't turn on. I figured maybe it needs a charge. So I plugged in the USB cord. The LG logo came on for a couple seconds and then the screen went blank. Then the logo again, and it just keeps flashing on and off for a few seconds like that. I let it go for a few minutes before I got worried and put my old battery back in.

When the good battery is in, if the phone is off and I plug it in like that, the LG logo comes on for a couple seconds and then there's a picture of a battery charging, then the screen goes off and the phone is off, but still charging.

When the new battery is in, the logo comes on but then the screen goes blank before I get the battery charging picture.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Shouldn't a new battery come with a little charge on it, at least enough for the phone to be able to recognize that it's plugged in and take a charge?

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    It might be completely depleted. What I would advise is turn the phone off, put in the battery, and let it charge for 30 minutes or more, and then turn on the phone, to see if it acts normal.

I also have spare battery chargers for my Evo / Epic so I don't have to deal with this.

It is possible the battery could be defective, but I think most likely the battery is just fully depleted.

3. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Rule of thumb for anything you buy: If you just bought it, and it doesnt work / its defective, take it back and exchange it for a new one. That's why most places give you a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are already having problems with it now, you will likely have even more problems with it in the near future.

Tags: