1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help!! Bricked?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by urbanrunner, Aug 15, 2012.

1. urbanrunner

urbanrunner Lurker

OK let me explain. I am unrooted, relocked, and s-on. I recently downloaded the leaked stock vzw ICS RUU and everything went great. Just yesterday I decide to be brave and install the new ICS update through the boot loader following popular instruction from XDA. Since the attempted update, my phone boots to the 4g kte screen and stops. I have tried to use bootloader to install gb or the original ics ruu, but it keeps telling me that versions are wrong and reboots.

I am lost as to what to do next! I am a noob of couse, but any suggestioins/solutions would be great!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

If it boots to recovery/fastboot, it sure isn't bricked... Quick and easy fix that will get you where you were trying to go, download the RUU from Android Police and flash: [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound

Might have to copy to SD card via a card reader or something though.

iowabowtech likes this.
  3. urbanrunner

urbanrunner Lurker

I believe i have tried that to no avail, but will try again in the morning. this is gonna be the death of me!

4. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

If you can get to hboot, it should work...

Copy the file to the sdcard, rename it PH98IMG.zip (careful of Windows double .zip.zip), then power off and back on holding vol down and power until the update process begins, should get you back in business. Good luck!

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

That's cuz your mainversion was older, HTC says no dice to rolling backward to anything that predates what's currently on your phone (if s-on). Why? They work so hard to patch underground root/s-off methods when they make updates that they don't want us rolling back to an older version for which a root tool existed. And I guess to be fair there could eventually be hboot/radio conflicts with newer software if the phone is around long enough. Kind of getting to be a moot point anymore with htc dev but it's not exactly the pot at the end of the rainbow either.

Anyway, as long as your bootloader is relocked, you should always be able to load the most current RUU, which appears to be linked a couple posts back.

6. urbanrunner

urbanrunner Lurker

I am gonna give it a shot, i downloaded so many files, i am gonna download the ruu supplied in the link above (thanks), and try flashing this through the bootloader, hopefully i will get back to a usable device! I will keep u posted, and again thanks for the advice thus far!

7. urbanrunner

urbanrunner Lurker

Thanks for the info guys, that was the exact version i needed, i really appreciate the help. I learn more and more everyday...soon i may not be a noob1 :)

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews