• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [HELP] bricked

Hey, leave it plugged in over night. Don't touch it. Plugged into the wall not pc. In the morning, do a battery pull then turn back on.

This happened to me during the wire trick and the juopunutbear staff called it the deep sleep. Phone was completely unresponsive, not even a charge light, but sure enough after enough time, it woke back up.

Upvote 0
i will try that, about how much time?

They told me 8 hrs. I think I checked it before bed after about 5 hrs and it was still unresponsive. Left it all night while I slept. In the morning still unresponsive. I thought my phone was done. Did a battery pull and then it loaded into the juopunutbear screen. Tried the wire trick with a new sufficient wire, got it first try with a better wire. It was super scary and i thought I was bricked but I have confidence you'll recover.

Upvote 0
i tried, and nothing

Well my best advice at this point would be to use the juopunutbear support channel. Click support at the top of the page on the unlimited.io site. They will be able to offer you the best help as they are the pros with the software. The advice I gave was from my personal experience and is all I can really offer as far as support. I hope that they can get you sorted out. Good luck! :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
i was doing s-off and the wire got stuck in one of the little holes
first, i followed instructions, did wire trick, phone vibrated and rebooted to juopuntu screen and wire was still on, after about 5 sec i was able to remove it..and the controlbear said *do wire trick now* again..it never said *successful*..at that point my pc gave me *couldnt install drivers for phone* notifications, then controlbear couldnt find a device.. and my phone was off..couldnt do anything to it since then.

Upvote 0
i was doing s-off and the wire got stuck in one of the little holes
first, i followed instructions, did wire trick, phone vibrated and rebooted to juopuntu screen and wire was still on, after about 5 sec i was able to remove it..and the controlbear said *do wire trick now* again..it never said *successful*..at that point my pc gave me *couldnt install drivers for phone* notifications, then controlbear couldnt find a device.. and my phone was off..couldnt do anything to it since then.
As brian706 already suggested you should go to the #juopunutbear IRC channel via the support page on the unlimited.io website and tell them that. It can't hurt anything and they have dealt with a lot of failed attempts at the wire trick.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
i dont understand their chat thing..no one seems to be online right now..

hmmmm yeah i just checked and so far nobody has responded.

it is not much to understand really, you just type in your question at the bottom and if someone is there you will get a response.

so far nobody is there. it is the weekend so peeps might be out so just be patient which i understand is hard to do when your phone is in the state that it is in.

i wish i can be of more help though:eek:

Upvote 0
so far nobody is there. it is the weekend so peeps might be out so just be patient which i understand is hard to do when your phone is in the state that it is in.
A lot of the people that provide support there are in Europe and Asia. You might do better trying again later tonight given the time difference.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
I have no idea if this will help you but take the battery out and thump the back of the phone not hard. I no everybody like wtf but I thought my phone was dead I thumped it and wala it turned on idk if the thumping helped but I just wanted to give u a option. I wanted to throw my phone so I thumped it

Reminds me of those Bud Light football commercials: " it's only superstition if it doesn't work"

OP, have you tried holding in the power button for 30 seconds?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones