• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [HELP] bricked

nope..my pc cant even detect it when plugged through usb..and well the battery was fully charged when i did the s-off..

My question want about the battery level. I wanted to know if the charge light comes on when you are charging. Plug it into the ac wall and see if the charge light comes on.
If not, I would assume that's a serious problem with the phone...possibly affecting the kernel, but I admit...I don't know jack.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
yep..i have a offtopic question to wrap this up..i activated phone like 5 days ago with insurance...does it still get covered, even though its been only less than a week?

I'm not sure if insurance covers this. Was it through virgin? If so, you would have a deductible which is close to the cost of the phone assuming they aloe it. Plus, you lose your spares.
I suggest trying to get a local best buy to price match VM, and getting their black tie insurance for $30. No deductibles with their policy.
This would also get you a working phone sooner, just don't turn the new one on until you activate it with vm or it could go into auto activation which I had to deal with. That can take days to fix.

If you can live without a phone for a few days, see if that one place with the overseas advice can help you recover.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
yep..i have a offtopic question to wrap this up..i activated phone like 5 days ago with insurance...does it still get covered, even though its been only less than a week?

Thats going to be grey-area of insurance fraud at best. I would take a good look at your insurance policy. I would assume that taking a spiral notebook wire to it and causing physical damage isnt going to be covered, but its going to depend who you got insurance through

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones