1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support HELP!! BSOD with KIES installed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aimarkid21, Sep 27, 2012.

1. aimarkid21

aimarkid21 Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Recently every time I connect my SII to my computer, the BSOD pops up with the error message "Bad_Pool_Header" I then uninstalled KIES and everything is fine again, but as soon as I reinstall KIES, the problem comes back again.

The same problem occurred when I tried plugging in my phone to my other computer, and uninstalling KIES fixed it as well.

Both of my computers are running Windows XP, I'm not sure if that's a coincidence or what.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all my usb port drivers but that didn't fix it.

I appreciate if anyone can give me some suggestions on how to solve this problem because it's been very annoying to me.

Advertisement

2. aimarkid21

aimarkid21 Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Okay, I think I might have found a solution to my problem.

I chatted with a tech guy from Samsung. He suggested me to first uninstalled KIES, then disable my antivirus, then reinstall KIES, restart computer and finally turn back on my antivirus.

I followed his instructions and the BSOD is gone now.

I will try this on my other computer and see if the problem goes away. I will post my update later tonight.

3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Male
    Survival
    North Carolina
    Hi aimarkid :ciao:

I saw your post this morning but didn't have time to post before work. Thanks for posting Samsung's response. I have seen that suggestion before from others. Hope it cured your problem.