• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help buying an Android mobile phone

I need a android phone with the following features:

WIFI, BLUTOOTH, INFRARED, TV TUNER AND FM RADIO.

CPU : Quad core cpu clocked at 2GHz or more. or octa (8) core cpu @ 1GHz or more.
RAM: At least 2gb OR MORE.
video card. Powerfull one for high tech gaming and multimedia performance. Mail , ARm @ 1GHz or a few MHz that will NEVER crash apps or freeze like the samsung galaxy 1 or 2.

touch screen, dual sim, expandable memory up to 64 gb , internal memory of at least 8GB or more.
Audio jack should be round like nokia n95 one.
It should be fast phone at startup and run the latest android os: kitkat.

I don't think any phone exists that fits those specs.

1. Big manufacturers like Samsung, Sony, Moto, HTC DO NOT put TV Tuners on their phones. Only Chinese no-name brands do.

2. Only 2 phones I can think of available right now that have 2GB or more RAM: Xperia Z1 and Note 3.

3. Crashing apps or freezing is not always the vcard or the CPU's fault. More often it's a badly coded app, or the app you are trying to run is too much for the current state of the CPU and RAM.

4. The N95 has a 3.5mm audio jack. ALL phones I know of available now has that.

At that, your best bet is the Note 3 and Z1, but sacrifice the TV Tuner.

Upvote 0
The HTC One has 2GB RAM (and an FM radio, which was on the list). I expect the One Max does too, but haven't checked. The Nexus 5 also has 2GB RAM (but no FM radio or infra-red). None of these has an SD slot, though all can use USB OTG if you want some less convenient expansion for occasional use.

The Galaxy S4 also has 2GM RAM and a MicroSD slot (but not an FM radio).

None of these is dual SIM, though there are dual SIM models of the HTC One for the Chinese market (I don't know whether there are dual SIM models of any of the others, but I've not come across reports of them). Dual SIM is very much a niche - big in China, rare in most of the world, and most manufacturers' flagship models don't come that way (and you are clearly after flagship specs). So requiring that will very much limit your choices and probably exclude other features - and as Chanchan has said, adding the TV tuner as well makes it impossible to satisfy all of your desires.

For KitKat, unless you buy a Nexus 5 you'll have to wait and see when updates appear, because at time of writing there is no other phone sold with KitKat. What is it about KitKat you actually want though?

Finally, you say "Quad Core 2GHz" or "Octa Core 1GHz". I just wanted to check that you don't think that 2 1GHz cores is equivalent to 1 2GHz core - it really doesn't work like that! Nor does the clock speed of the core by itself tell you its processing capabilities. Beware of fixating on numbers that are only a part of the story.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones