• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help - Camera Error

droidros

Android Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2010
DC Metro Area
The camera on my Moto Z (Verizon edition) has stopped working. I can open the camera and it seems fine. But as soon as I take a picture, it gives me the message
Camera Error
Please restart camera.​
I have tried clearing the cash, force stopping the camera, powering down, etc., but nothing works.

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I thought that it might have been due to another camera app, Z Camera, that I had downloaded, and a Gallery app. After getting rid of all the new apps, I was able to eventually get the camera working again.

I have not downloaded another app since then, as far as I remember, but can't make the problem go away.

I don't know if this is related but I have also been getting one of those fake popups on my browser warning me that my phone is infected. I had that message a few weeks ago too and managed to get rid of it but it came back again today. I have Malwarebytes and have scanned for bugs.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones