• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help - camera focus Redmi Note 9

I have a new Redmi Note 9 and haven’t changed any settings.
The camera doesn’t focus well for mid-range photos. Areas of the image are blurry. I need the camera to be on a setting that will be enable general good focus on the whole picture.
have you played around with the camera settings? has it always been like this? maybe take it in and see if this can be replaced via your manufacture's warranty

Upvote 0
I haven’t played around with them as I don’t know what to try.
I don’t believe it’s an actual fault, just possibly that I don’t know what I’m doing!

Not sure with your device, but on mine- all of them- it has been as simple as touching the screen where I want the focus to be concentrated.

This gives that 'general' focus that you are talking about.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Not sure with your device, but on mine- all of them- it has been as simple as touching the screen where I want the focus to be concentrated.

This gives that 'general' focus that you are talking about.

thank you - but I want the whole photo to have reasonable focus, not a specific area! That’s the issue. It seems to automatically focus on specific parts (at the expense of others) when that’s not what I want.

Upvote 0
thank you - but I want the whole photo to have reasonable focus, not a specific area! That’s the issue. It seems to automatically focus on specific parts (at the expense of others) when that’s not what I want.
i would play around with your camera's settings. there must be some kind of focus mode that it is on and just needs switching. i do not have your phone so i can't help specifically.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones