1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help: Can I use a US Cellular GS4 on VZW?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jwill182, Jun 25, 2013.

1. jwill182

jwill182 Newbie

I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet and so I browse craigslist in my area for GS4's for sale from time to time... and I am constantly seeing them for US Cellular for as cheap as $350 at times, and I see a lot of the posts saying they can be used on any carrier. I'm a bit skeptical of this, for obvious reasons, but I wondered if it would work on Verizon since they both are CDMA networks?

Sorry if this was already asked somewhere, I looked in US Cellular forum, Verizon forum, GS4 Forum, tried the search bar... couldn't find this or anything other than people asking about Google's phones, so I wasn't sure.

Thanks in advance for the help, I'm not on here often and am not a techy guy, so any help is appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WalkaboutDavid

WalkaboutDavid Well-Known Member

Nope.

LTE frequencies are not identical across carriers. There is also the problem of the phone being locked.

You could get a VZW Nexus or S3 for well under $300. Dailysteals usually has reconditioned Samsing Nexus for $200.

3. jwill182

jwill182 Newbie

Thanks for the info on the LTE, I didn't know that! Sucks to be me, lol.

I already have an S3 though, but thanks for that advice. I hate waiting, and normally I'd find a way to get the phone anyways...but being so close to eligible...didn't want to be wasteful. I can upgrade a week early, so I only have about 5 weeks to go. So, unless I found one on Craigslist that I could get for barely more than I could get by selling my S3, I didn't want to do it. I guess US Cellular just isn't that big here, cause their phones are much cheaper compared to the other carriers.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews