1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support help cancelling autosuggestions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by depthcharge, Sep 17, 2010.

1. depthcharge

depthcharge New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Okay...maybe I missed something, but is there a way I can cancel autosuggestions when typing? Examples:

So this example happened to me frequently before 2.2, but I haven't been able to reproduce it now. I'm trying to search for "wifi" in google, so I type "wifi". The first autosuggestion is "wifi android n router", because that's one of my past searches. "wifi" alone is NOT a suggestion. If I hit enter it'll search for the whole phrase. I don't see any way to get just what I typed to be submitted to the search. I press the little down arrow in the suggestions box, but all that comes up is a bunch of other searches, urls, but nothing that says just "wifi".

Another example, today I was doing one of those captcha things. I type in the nonsense letters in the picture, and Android suggests similar words. This time, the nonsense word was on the list. But if I click it, bam, it adds to my dictionary. If I don't, there's no way to get out of autosuggest -- I tried hiding the keyboard (without hitting enter), but that changed my typing to the first suggestion.

Overall this is a pretty frustrating issue...am I missing something really obvious, or is this a common frustration? I tried googling but haven't had much luck.

Thanks in advance.

------------
    Incredible 2.2 woot!
    ------------

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    menu-settings-language and keyboard-touch input-text input