• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! Cannot connect i5700 to New PC Studio.

This is most likely because your PC does not have USB driver installed.

I am having same problem as adlhc has. :( In my case the addition to the problem is I have recently formatted my IBM R60.

Possible cause of the problem:
1. Missing drivers in the laptop IBM R60
2. New problem because of unlocking the Service Provider SIM from a mobile shop.

I can do following things -
1. Charge my phone using PC
2. I can access USB/Pen drives using all the 3 ports of my PC

I can't do following things
1. When i plug my phone to PC: unlike before there is no Mount option
2. [x] USB Debugging Setting>Applications: doesn't help in Mounting the phone
3. [ ] Mass Storage Only Settings>About Phone: There is no option like that in the "About Phone".

Need assistance in
1. To be able to Mount the phone on PC and access SD card?
2. If the above is possible is it possible without installing any new s/w so that i can just connect my phone to any random PC which doesn't even have such s/w?

Thanks in advance
-Banna

Upvote 0
Found a solution to my own problem while reading other threads. Its a solution given Rodger. I hope he won't mind me sharing it here.

Cause of Problem: While unlocking the SIM, as per procedure the *#7284# which opens the "PhoneUtil" needs to be set to "USB" (out of the two options USB and PDA) but once the unlocking is done, it doesn't reverts it back to its original settings. So just follow procedure below given by Rodger.

"Here's a temporary fix regardless tho:

Go to your dialer and type *#7284# and this will open the "PhoneUtil" settings. Set the USB to "PDA". If it's already on PDA, then set it to MODEM and back to PDA to make it wake itself up again.

Plug your Spica into USB after that and it should find itself this time, but it may forget later and you'll have to do the whole thing again."

- Banna

Upvote 0
why it so hard to connect that phone all i need now is to upgrade it to 2.1 i followed u , i installed NPS 1.5 and when i connect my device it does connect but whenever i try to do something it say " ur mobile doesnt support file transfer " and when i choose upgrade the mobile it say there are no necessary updates

Upvote 0
Hi I have tried everything suggested in the Forum pages as mentioned by drvikramsamal and lots of suggestions by Samsung support (*!@&%$*)
Ticked and unticked as suggested
Downloaded NPS as suggested
Re-bboted
Tried Kies
Tried different USB ports
It is now some 11 months of trying off and on and still my PC (or friends and family PCs) will not recognise my phone.
Tried Windows XP Windows 7 still to no avail...

Is there anything else that I may be doing wrong - if not its going in the bin where it should have gone long ago!

I can see that I am one of many to havve problems. Is it Samsung thats the problem or is it Android?

Help

Ricardo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones