1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help: Cannot reboot in CWR to enable SafeStrap

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by barnac1e, Jan 6, 2012.

1. barnac1e

barnac1e Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    unemployed
    Moorhead, MN, USA
    Hi, I know pretty much what I am doing with flashing a ROM now but all of a sudden I cannot get RomManager to reboot into recovery. I even have SafeStrap with recovery installed also. I tried RomToolbox but it forces you to have RomManager Premium and after this issue I certainly won't be going CWR premium. I have checked my Super User for the permissions and CWR has root access. Anyhow, is there a command I can type in a terminal to enable SafeStrap? Or any other ideas what to do here? I have a couple optional .zips to flash if I can just get to one of those recoveries. :thinking:

Advertisement

2. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Bad things happen if you have 2 Strappers installed. You must first uninstall BootStrap then install SafeStrap. They both can't be installed. The only issue with SafeStrap is that you are not able to install .zips on to the main system, only the experimental "safe" system. So any changes you wish to make to your good system must be made with BootStrap, then BootStrap uninstalled, SafeStrap installed, and now you can play with the Safe system. Make sure you open both apps once installed and install the actual Strapper as well. Just cause there's an icon in your list doesn't mean you can boot into it.

3. barnac1e

barnac1e Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    unemployed
    Moorhead, MN, USA
    @redsox985

Thank you most graciously. That worked the trick. And I learned probably the last concept I had not thought about and flashing ROM. This "Ice Cream Sandwich" is for you!