1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help. Cant find any guide to root Android Tablet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by resincake, Aug 23, 2011.

1. resincake

resincake Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    Hi,

I have been bought an Eken MT705 Android 2.3 tablet for my B'day (in 3weeks time), and am trying to do some reading beforehand on how to root it. I have now been searching Google & Various Forums for about 5 hours and am yet to find anything relating to the device my parents have already gotten me.

I know there are a few 1-click options, and I am hoping one of these will do the trick, but I cannot try until my B'day, because my parents wont even let me see it :/, which is why I was trying to find a guide for my specific tablet. I cant find one anywhere for the Eken MT705 & infact can only find one guide for an eken at all (the M001).

Can anyone point me to a guide that will work for the Eken MT705, or know that one of the 1click apps WILL work for the Android tablet. I am desperately trying to do research before I have it on my B'day, so I can get straight to Rooting it.

NOTE : I cannot change it to another, as my parents have already bought it, and I know its probably a cheap one, but we dont have a lot of money and I know my parents had to stretch to even get me this one (Which I, of course, I love them loads for ;>)

A link to Ekens page on the device if needed : HERE

Thankyou for any advice, guides or Links to such given.

I am desperate for any info to help me.

Thanks in advance.

Russ

Advertisement

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    IT Administrator
    Northern Ky
    wow thats a rather obscure tablet. maybe try unrevoked/unlockr

3. resincake

resincake Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    Ok, thanks, I'm off to do some reading on that method, and Downlaod any tools/drivers I nedd for it, in preparation.

:>

If anyone as any other suggestions, or even better, experience with this tablet or any other Eken, please reply offering aid.

Thanks in advance.

Russ