1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HELP! Can't find Bonjour devices...

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Skeight21, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Skeight21

Skeight21 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    Hey-o! I am an Android n00b and I need some help figuring out why my new phone can't find Bonjour devices on my network. I used to have a Cliq running 2.1.1 that had no problems, then switched to G2x which worked for awhile, but then after the update to 2.3.3 I was no longer able to find my Bonjour devices.

Both phones are on the same subnet, and when I use the Zeroconfbrowser, the G2x says "no services found" but the Cliq finds everything. Am I missing some updated OS firewall that blocks bonjour?

Any and all suggestions would be awesome.

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to the forums!

Wow, ya snooze, ya lose. :) I never knew that zeroconf had come to Android in the first place.

I'll give it a go on 2.3.4, if I learn anything before someone who knows chimes in, I'll post back.

BTW, while I'm doing that, check your advanced settings under your wifi connection (menu after on the Wi-Fi settings page, usually). See if you have anything for wifi direct or DLNA, and select it if so - as zeroconf is intended to work without DNS or DHCP if need be, they may have changed the software stack that way.