• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help..cant find Disk Drive Mode on my AOSP ROM

you should be able to bring the notification bar down. the option to change from charge to disk should be there.

ok..so what i decided to do is nandroid back to a sense rom and see if that does anything. If not, I guess maybe the cable is not good and I need to use the one that came with the charger when I came home?

the PC is running WIN7 if that matters.

Upvote 0
I have tried a couple of aftermarket cables and none were any good. I have both of my HTC cables put away for use only when connecting to the pc. I bought wall chargers for normal charging.

yep..i bet this is the case. fingers crossed, but I should be good.

anyway, disc mode is enabled now at least in this Sense ROM. It was nowhere to be seen in the XLPOD ROM unfortunately.

Upvote 0
yep..i bet this is the case. fingers crossed, but I should be good.

anyway, disc mode is enabled now at least in this Sense ROM. It was nowhere to be seen in the XLPOD ROM unfortunately.

Did you nandroid your Xplod Rom? If so, you might restore it and see if it is there or not. I have seen on my Evo that when my phone didn't recognize my sdcard or was preparing it, it would only show as charge only. If you have another issue with it, you might check to see if your sdcard is seated all the way.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Did you nandroid your Xplod Rom? If so, you might restore it and see if it is there or not. I have seen on my Evo that when my phone didn't recognize my sdcard or was preparing it, it would only show as charge only. If you have another issue with it, you might check to see if your sdcard is seated all the way.

Yes I made a nandroid. I will definitely try again when I get home.

Im thinking (praying) it is the cable though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones