1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help: Can't get a2sd to work after flashing ROM with CM7 boot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by negromancer, Oct 13, 2011.

1. negromancer

negromancer Lurker
    None

Oct 13, 2011
    Hi i recently installed Cool3D AceS v4 Bravo on my HTC Desire with CM7 boot. I created a main FAT32 partition and 1 GB EXT4 partition on my SD card.

1. Is my a2sd working correctly? I am in command line and "/system/bin/a2sd check" didnt find anything.

I also tried the a2sd gui and it also didn't find anything. Any advices?

Do I need to re-align my ext4 or something? or does that not matter at all. Sorry for newbie questions but would appreciate all help.

2. a2sd seems to be correctly installed. I check QSI and there is an a2sd section with about 715mb left (for a 1GB ext4 partition).

However, the apps still remain shown in internal storage. And the options are still available in Manage Applications for "move to sd card".

I checked the sd-ext folder and it doesn't contain any .apk files for the apps i downloaded from the market. So what's going on? Please help!

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    What is in the sd-ext partition? Please list contents

3. GrenW

GrenW Android Expert
    None

Apr 16, 2010
    UK
    That's the way its meant to be. You keep everything on the phone as far as manage apps is concerned.

The QSI output seems to suggest everything i working alright.

That said, my sd-ext folder has 3 folders inside it full of apps and dalvik files. You are using a root enabled file manager (like Root Explorer) aren't you?

4. negromancer

negromancer Lurker
    None

Oct 13, 2011
    Solved this. I downloaded and ran "a2sd.kd" script.

Now all the apps are under sd-ext folder and also dalvik-cache.

I have about 180mb free internal storage and used approx. 400mb of my 1gb partition (ext4).

However, I experienced another problem today when i rebooted my phone, the process got stuck at the part where the phone is trying to load and mount my SD card. It freezes there. What I did was pull out the battery and boot into recovery and ran the "a2sd.kd" script again. Is there a permanent solution to all this so i don't have to do the a2sd.kd script every time?

Tags: