• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [HELP]Can't see the files on my phone when connect to computer

As per the title.

I connect the phone via USB and I can add files to the phone (SD or phone memory doesn't matter) but when I reconnect the device later the files I have added to the phone have disappeared from the file explorer (Im using Ubuntu 11.04 btw).

This is really bugging me, I have only ever been able to add things to my phone and cannot delete anything.

On top of this the phone doesn't come up in Banshee (only came up once where I loaded a few songs up).

The files are viewed in the file explorer on the phone but not from my computer.

Any ideas? Please don't say "format bro" I don't want to format, I got this phone yesterday, if I already have to format I'm going to be annoyed.

P.S only info I can find on the interwebs through the googles is to format it...

Phone: Galaxy S II
System: Dell XPS with Ubuntu 11.04

Well when you connect to PC, the phone memory and SDcard memory load as seperate drives.

Somtimes it gets confusing because the phones's memory is also called SD, all I can do for now is ask if you have searched every folder on both drives.

I'm going to assume it's a glitch though, maybe you have USB debugging enabled?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones