• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! CGM7 bricked my phone i think

SkiDekuyper

Aug 10, 2011
Howdy, i had a Dinc1 and its been rooted forever. I never bothered with flashing roms or anything on it until i had replaced it with a Dinc2 which i'm not so pleased with. But the other day i flashed MiUi and everything worked fine. I unflashed and went back to my standard android. I then tried to flash CyanoGenMod 7 and i've been stuck in a bootloop ever since. I would very much appreciate any advice. thanks!

Also i cannot hold the powerbutton and the volume up down to get to the hboot screen. the phone just buzzes three times. is that distinctive of anything?

EDIT: Through some researching i found out it was vol down and power and i can get to hboot screen now, does anyone know how i can navigate to load the back up ROM? thanks!

Just happened to answer this in another thread tonight so I copied the reply to save time:

Assuming it's clockwork, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik (advanced menu), then install zip from SD card, choose zip from SD card, navigate to your Rom and install. Directly after that, install the Google Apps zip, then reboot to system and enjoy Cyanogen.

Notes:
You can find the Cyanogen zip in the Clockwork folder > download > download.cyanogenmod.com folder.

You can find gapps in the goo-inside.me folder (gotta love them boys' sense of humor).

Important: In Clockwork, the trackpad button SELECTS an item and the power button brings you backward one menu. This is different from hboot where the power button is the select key.

Upvote 0
Awesome i just woke up and im going to try to work this out. Thanks so much for your help!

Also: the whole selecting with power button was messing with me hopefully the pad button will work better.

Edit: Im new to these forums but it seems like people are looking for thanks after helping someone, how do i go about giving you my thanks?

Edit: Too quick on the draw, CGM7 still sticks on bootloop. I did everything you said besides install the google apps zip. I could not find it on my sdcard or anywhere else on a menu.

Also, i dont have the stock kernel i put a different one on when i first rooted to help save on battery life while tethering, have different kernels been known to cause these problems?

Upvote 0
What Randino said. ^^^

There's a thanks button on every post but I don't really care if you use it or not, I'd rather see you get your phone up and running. Very strange you can't get it to boot using the instructions above. Not sure what else to say, that's the standard method. You can also get CM7 and Gapps direct from the Cyanogen website and save to your card that way.

Upvote 0
hey guys. i did some more research and diddled around with my phone more. i wiped the cache and dalvik several times and could not get either MiUI to load or CGM7. they both got stuck in a boot loop again. im looking into how to return my kernel back to stock to see if that helps. i was able to load a backup and im back to HTC sense. I tried downloading a more stable version on CM7 as well but i am having difficulties actually downloading the ROM. connection issues with the CM server it said. I'm trying a battery pull and to re-DL a CM.

Upvote 0
What Randino said. ^^^

There's a thanks button on every post but I don't really care if you use it or not, I'd rather see you get your phone up and running. Very strange you can't get it to boot using the instructions above. Not sure what else to say, that's the standard method. You can also get CM7 and Gapps direct from the Cyanogen website and save to your card that way.

Im still a bit noobish, could you point me in the right direction for changing kernels?

Upvote 0
hey guys. i did some more research and diddled around with my phone more. i wiped the cache and dalvik several times and could not get either MiUI to load or CGM7. they both got stuck in a boot loop again. im looking into how to return my kernel back to stock to see if that helps. i was able to load a backup and im back to HTC sense. I tried downloading a more stable version on CM7 as well but i am having difficulties actually downloading the ROM. connection issues with the CM server it said. I'm trying a battery pull and to re-DL a CM.

Just curious, but how long are you waiting after you load CM7 or MIUI? The first time after you flash can sometimes take up to 5 minutes to boot up the phone.

Also on the kernels, you just download the one you want, save it to the sd card just like you do the roms, then after you flash cm7 or whatever rom, flash g-apps, then the kernel, In Clockwork, you need to flash all 3 by going to.... install zip from sd card, then...choose zip from sd card...then find your rom, gapps, and the kernel and flash in that order...

Also also on the kernels, make sure you are not using a Sense based kernel for CM7, or vice versa.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones