• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help changing CM7 themes

This is the main one that you need. The others are ThemeChooserThemes and ThemeChooserWallpaper. Those can be downloaded from the market.

This zip is can be flashed in CWM. Again, all thanks go to Bloodawn for making the ApkInstaller.zip available to us. All I did was add the files needed for the theme chooser.
Thank you Bloodawn

This will install the theme manager so you can select and apply your theme after downloading it from either the market or another site.

ThemesInstaller.zip

Upvote 0
Thanks LordVincent90 I do have a question though. I didnt see an option on there to change the dialer color. When your on the phone, The green color. I would love to have it blue and change the android on the default picture to a better one. Anyway to do this? I found exactly what i wanted on the Hexed 3.5 theme for ctmod.

You'll need to hard theme it.

Upvote 0
You don't need them. They help you find them but aren't necessary. I deleted theme chooser themes and I change themes often. Just find the themes in threads, make sure they're the right format, (mdpi in the prevail's case) download them, install reboot and you should be good. if it won't install then contact the developer

Upvote 0
You don't need them. They help you find them but aren't necessary. I deleted theme chooser themes and I change themes often. Just find the themes in threads, make sure they're the right format, (mdpi in the prevail's case) download them, install reboot and you should be good. if it won't install then contact the developer

That's correct. You do not need Theme Chooser Themes but you do need the themes selector that has been removed from CM7beta5.t The link that I posted above contains it and can be flashed in CWM.

You will also need Theme Chooser Wallpapers from the which allows you to access the CM7 theme wallpapers.;)

A lot of the themes require that you follow the install instructions that most of the developers post with their themes. A lot of them require that you reboot, clear the dalvik cache if they do not apply the first time. I have had to go through the process several time in order to get some themes to work.

Reactions: creed10
Upvote 0
That's correct. You do not need Theme Chooser Themes but you do need the themes selector that has been removed from CM7beta5.t The link that I posted above contains it and can be flashed in CWM.

You will also need Theme Chooser Wallpapers from the which allows you to access the CM7 theme wallpapers.;)

A lot of the themes require that you follow the install instructions that most of the developers post with their themes. A lot of them require that you reboot, clear the dalvik cache if they do not apply the first time. I have had to go through the process several time in order to get some themes to work.

how u get or kno if u got CM7
thankz:)

Upvote 0
Find a theme, download it, open the "theme chooser" app. (if you flashed cm7) then scroll to the theme you downloaded, hit "install" and reboot the phone. Make sure the theme is mdpi format

Some of the DEVS recommend wiping the Dalvik cache too. After selecting the theme, reboot in to CWM, wipe the Dalvik then reboot. If it doesn't work you made need to repeat the process again. I've had to do that several times to get some themes to apply in the past.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones