• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! Charged by Google for ????

cruud

Feb 8, 2010
Hello!

I checked my bank account today. I bought one app from the store for 1.99, but there are two charges before that, each a dollar. I didn't buy anything else! I'm nervous to buy anything again until I figure this out in case it charges me again.

Please help,

Thanks,

C. Ruud

Authorizations are like that. No different then when you go to the gas pump to pay, if you look, they only authorized $1.00 but eventually that falls off and only the amount your purchased goes through.

Also, it's like a hotel, except the hotel will authorize the entire amount of your room and stay then if you leave one night early, they will only post what you used and the authorization will then eventually fall off and that money is back in your account.

That's bad to say too, the money never leaves your account, it's just on hold.

It's safe, google isn't in the business to rip people off, otherwise, they wouldn't be in business for to long. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones