1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help choosing a ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nightshack0, Aug 16, 2011.

1. nightshack0

nightshack0 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Hello, I would like to know which custom ROM can I use, I bought a Captivate from ebay that comes with Cyanogen Mod 7.

I would like a ROM that has the best battery life and with the least bugs. I know all ROMs have bugs but I'm trying to get the one with the least bugs and that is fast and with a good battery life, or atleast a decent battery life.

Thanks,
    NightShack

Advertisement

2. davep13

davep13 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Texas
    From personal experience, I would recommend Mosaic VI by Team Phoenix. I can get pretty good battery life with my settings and it runs pretty smooth on my cappy. There are a few bugs that I have run into, but they can be fixed pretty easily. For example, the stock browser has some probs, but that can be solved by using a different browser like Dolphin or Opera. Another is the stock market, comments for apps cant be read since it is white font on white background. Solved by installing a new market. Despite the minor bugs, this ROM is still very nice and worth trying.

3. nightshack0

nightshack0 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Is there any way to use the original android theme for Mosaic VI, judging from the screenshots, I don't really like the theme.

4. davep13

davep13 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Texas