• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help...coming from Blackberry Tour to Eris...

joncrx

Lurker
Nov 11, 2009
Hi all, coming over to android for the first time and I'm a bit lost...

1. Any ideas on how to export contacts from bb over to my Eris

2. Is it possible to backup the Eris on a Mac so in case I lose it

3. Any insights you all may have who've made the bb to eris transition would be appreciated! Thanks...

Hi all, coming over to android for the first time and I'm a bit lost...

1. Any ideas on how to export contacts from bb over to my Eris

3. Any insights you all may have who've made the bb to eris transition would be appreciated! Thanks...

I was already using Google Sync on my BB so my contacts were in Gmail already. This made it super easy, and may be what you want to consider doing. I told my Eris to sync with my Gmail account & bam - everything came over just fine.

As for making the transition, I'm still working on it and am not 100% sure I'm going to stick with my Eris. I had my Curve for almost 2 years so I was really, really good at it. I had it configured just how I wanted, knew all the shortcuts, etc, so it was easy & fast. With my Eris, well, it's all a big learning curve.

I find that I can actually type on the keyboard pretty well, especially in landscape mode. Not as good as my BB yet, but I'm working on it. The things I'm struggling with are not huge, but different enough to make me notice. On my BB, I liked being able to just look at the home screen and see the list of messages, without having to open an app. Since 1.5 doesn

Upvote 0
I have used a BB Curve for quite some time and have loved the transition over to the Eris! My only problem with the eris -which was not a problem with the BB- is email attachments. For whatever reason, I cannot open them up -which is frustrating beyond imagination! However, most of my learning came from poking around the apps and the settings and finding out just how everything worked. One cool thing is that you can completely customize your 7 screens with whatever widgets and apps you want and if you don't like it, just go into the menu>scenes and then select a new one which works better for you. The best way to think about the different buttons are like so: the trackball is now your thumb, the back button (right of the trackball in BB) is the same symbol, just located next to the menu touch key and the BlackBerry button (left of trackball on BB) is now the "menu" touch key. Most of my questions about how and where have been answered by pressing the "menu" key when I am in an application or just plain lost. Hope my rambling helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones