1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Help coming from Pre regarding contacts and task manager

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rcyphermd, Oct 15, 2009.

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    I am trying out the hero coming from Pre. So far I like it a lot. What is the easiest/fastest way to look up a contact to call them? The manual says (yes I read it!) that there are only 9 quick dials are available, and not when roaming. With the pre, I could type "jd" and john doe would pop up with all the phone numbers without entering any program or app. It seems I must go to people....menu....search people....then type. Is there a faster way? an app that improves this?

Also, when I use task manager, even after I close out some apps, they seem to start back up on there own. Example: navagtion, sprint tv, etc. How do I stop that?

Thanks in advance for helping an android newbie!

Advertisement

2. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    The easiest for me is go to a blank page and add a people widget and add your favorites i like that the best or use voice dial.

3. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Just bring up the dialer and start typing the person's name. A list of matching names/numbers will start to appear in the background and narrow down the more you type. Tap the one you want to call and go from there.

4. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Data Tech
    Chicago, IL
    Voice dial would be the fastest way, as mentioned.

Edit:
    Removed inaccurate information.

5. quentinfisher

quentinfisher Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Arizona
    It could be possible to change what search "engine" the search button uses by default to your contacts, i just use the people widget myself though.

Tags: