• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP: connection to pc

foxyem

Lurker
Nov 30, 2010
Hi ive had my x10mp for about 6 weeks now and i can not get it to connect to my PC. My phone will charge by the USB but dosnt not ask if i want to connect to pc or anything just the LEDD light shows on.

I haven't been able to update my phone and im in desperate need of some help.
Everytime i go online on my hone and try to update it says phone is now supported but its brand new.

i have tryed turning it offf plugging in USB and holding back but nouthing

Do you get a little usb symbol in the notification bar at the top of the screen? If you do, drag that down and tap on the notification and select mount and this will then let the PC view the SD card.

Have you also tried running the update via Sony Ericsson Update Service rather than PC Companion. This sometimes makes a difference.

Upvote 0
It sounds like you don't have the USB drivers installed. I am not techy I am afraid so hopefully someone else can give you some ideas on how to resolve it.

My non tech head says turn the phone off and then connect it with the usb and see if when it starts up the PC recognises a new device and installs the drivers.

The other thing to do is try on a different PC, beg/borrow from friend/family/neighbour and see if it can be recognised by that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones