1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

HELP! Constant Re-Boot!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SportsPT, Aug 29, 2010.

1. SportsPT

SportsPT Active Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Minnesota
    Need a little help here...out of the blue today my phone started continuously re-booting itself. Only gets to the HTC screen and then re-boots. I have done multiple battery pulls with no results. I cannot boot into recovery either, tried that many times as well. My only option is a screen that I have not seen before that asks if I want to clear all data and then reset the device. Anyone have an ideas? Running Fresh 2.3.3, had no previous problems.

Advertisement

2. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    How are you booting into recovery, and what does the phone do in response?

3. SportsPT

SportsPT Active Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Minnesota
    By pulling the battery to kill the boot loop, then holding home and re-starting phone. The phone then re-boots and the loop continues.

I can get into HBOOT, but can't restart into recovery that way either, just boot loops. My only options are FASTBOOT and HBOOT.

4. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    might need to reroot your phone, look at this http://androidforums.com/.../123620-having-issues-running-ruu.html

5. SportsPT

SportsPT Active Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Minnesota
    I haven't tried RUU my phone yet, was hoping I had other options...having said that I am getting close to giving it a shot, as nothing else works!

Still no idea what happened to cause this...

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    Clear data is ok if screen with skateboarding androids. Then reboot and it'll let you in to recovery.

7. SportsPT

SportsPT Active Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Minnesota

Yeah did that, still wouldn't boot into recovery though...would still continue to boot loop.

Tags: