• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Continuous IMAP logins in K-9 Mail

Hey everybody!

I've been having a weird problem with K-9 Mail on my Acer Liquid Metal. Whenever I'm connected to my WiFi network at home, K-9 sends continuous login requests to the mail server (I'm talking over 15 logins in 10 seconds). However, whenever I'm not on WiFi (i.e. normal wireless network) this doesn't happen.

I have phone configured to push the mail for my inbox, and to poll my mail folders every hour. The server connection is pretty standard (port 143, PLAIN authentication, etc) and I don't have any task killer programs installed on the phone. My WiFi is from TekSavvy and the router is WPA protected. Is my problem having push in addition to poll?

Wasn't too sure where to post this (noob alert) but any help would be greatly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones