• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help! cracked my screen! what are my options?

The following might also be worth checking out if you purchased your phone (or other items) with a credit card.

Which credit cards offer purchase protection?

The following for instance are offered by through Chase Sapphire Benefits (which are similar to other major cards like MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover, depending on the card level):

Purchase Protection* Replaces, repairs or reimburses you for eligible items of personal property within ninety (90) days of the date of purchase.

Extended Protection* Doubles the free repair period under the original manufacturer's U.S. warranty up to 1 additional year on eligible warranties of 3 years or less.

Price Protection* Receive a refund of the difference between the price you paid for an eligible item on the card and a subsequent covered lower advertised price for the same item within the first 90 days of purchase.

Return Protection If a retailer will not accept a return within the first 90 days of purchase, you can be reimbursed for the cost of an eligible item purchased on your card.

Upvote 0
so like an idiot, dropped my phone and the screen cracked.

but, everything else works in terms of the touch gestures and no damage to the LCD screen.

i don't believe i bought insurance (like an idiot), but its still been under 30 days since i bought it.

any chance AT&T can help me? if not what about samsung?

i want to make this as cheap as possible, i found a glass replacement online for like 20$. like i said the screen is fine and the touch features still work.

thoughts? (im about the cry, im a grown man also, or so i think)

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S3 III GT-i9300 ~ White Front Glass (LCD Display and Touch Screen not included) ~ Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: 3mm Wide Double Sided Layer Adhesive Sticky Tape Sticker for Mobile Phone ~ Glue LCD Display and Touch Screen Digitizer Glass ~ HTC HD Mini HD2 Desire Wildfire S EVO 4G 3D Desire Z T-MOBILE G2 Droid Incredible S Mytouch 4g 3g Thunderbolt

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...FedmQnFSAoYGMh2tg&sig2=8oar2ZHNZF9nFw93OJz2vQ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones