1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP...Cracked Screen Would Like to Back Up :-(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by natwesty, Dec 11, 2013.

1. natwesty

natwesty Lurker

I'm sure this is a classic, but I've cracked my Samsung S2 screen. Power is there, but the screen is dead. I want to do a back up and then a factory reset before I send it off to be fixed.

Problem is when I connect to Kies I get the message that the device is locked and I need to enter my pin (which I can't do on my phone).

I've googled this for hours and tried to follow some of the guides out there, but with no success as I'm not an expert in this field.

I just really want to do backup my most recent files, and also wipe my phone because there's a lot of personal information on there.

Does anyone have a solution to this which can be described step by step in as simple a way as possible?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 on Vodafone UK. My PC is Windows 7 64b

Many many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

1) Chances are that you have USB debugging off, so the chances of getting or wiping anything are slim at best.

2) Are you planning on getting the phone fixed? If not, reduce it to rubble with a hammer and use a small propane torch to turn the pieces a nice cherry red. If anyone can recover data from that (and I include any part of any government in the world), miracles are real.

3) If you're planning to get the phone fixed, the first step in most repair shops is wiping the phone - for 2 reasons. If they install a firmware or Android update and leave in the old data they're asking for a crash, and to protect themselves from a liability suit.

So about the only things you'll lose are files you haven't recently backed up.

3. immortalneo

immortalneo Member

Are you rooted mate?
    The way I see it, you have two aims :
    1. Recover data - if you are rooted, you can try pulling your data using ADB or even creating a nandroid backup and extracting it.
    2. Wipe data - you can try entering recovery mode and use the hardware keys to do a factory reset, or you could flash a 3 part firmware via Odin in Download mode.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

There is another thing you might try. If it's only a dead screen, you can try and replace it yourself. The part is around

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews