• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[HELP] Custom Recovery

Upvote 0
Im using Acer Iconia B1 711.
I tried to install twrp through flashify. Really that twrp does not belong to my tab. I made a mistake. Now when i boots the tab, the acer icon shows up..... Then again the screen turns off.... Then again acer comes up.... Again turns off....
When i tried to reboot into recovery, the same situation....... I can't do anything....
When i connect to pc, there is nothing happening.... Plz help guys...

Upvote 0
You're quite right, I can't see B1-711 recovery, although in the table it does say there is one and after searching the thread for "b1-711" I found a post #932 where someone had flashed a recovery to that tablet. I would suggest you ask where the link for recovery is over there, it's an active thread so someone should help I think.
I have never used that tool before so I have no experience but in the link to the SPFT in the link above looks like it explains how to do it.

Upvote 0
You're quite right, I can't see B1-711 recovery, although in the table it does say there is one and after searching the thread for "b1-711" I found a post #932 where someone had flashed a recovery to that tablet. I would suggest you ask where the link for recovery is over there, it's an active thread so someone should help I think.
I have never used that tool before so I have no experience but in the link to the SPFT in the link above looks like it explains how to do it.
leave all this
.... Can u plz help in my new thread? Im in trouble

Upvote 0
Can you get into a download mode and into adb?
As I say I have no experience with Acer so I don't know button combinations or really how root etc works, usually you hold a key while plugging into PC while off. Hopefully someone with experience with these devices will be along but in the meantime if you can get into download mode you should be able to flash firmware and will be OK. Bootloop is normally fixable.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Download mode will be on all android devices, they just may call it different things. Or that's my understanding anyway, all mine have had it, my LG is vol+ & plug in. Try different things. Device off, hold Vol+ and plug into PC holding button. Did that bring anything up? If not try same with vol-
If you can get into download mode you can probably reflash firmware using the tool mentioned in the other thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones