1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HELP!! Cyanogenmod 7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZR160_MAJ, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ZR160_MAJ

ZR160_MAJ Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 15, 2011
    Swansea - S.Wales
    Hey guys Happy new Year, now im having some trouble and I tried to install Cyanogenmod 7 on my GS2. Now i understand that the phone has to be rooted. I have successfully rooted my phone. After that i downloaded ROM manager and followed a guide on installing cyanogenmod.
    Go into RomManager > flash ClockworkMod recovery > Reboot into recovery....

Now the phone reboots and start to install something, then it fails and says
    "--Installing package...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation Aborted

:(

Why....Something to do with memory? Before all this i flashed my phone to 2.3.5, not sure if that has anything to with the installation of Cyanogen.

Much help is greatly appreciated
    Cheers

Maj

Advertisement

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    Its been a long time since I flashed cyanogen but I think there were 2 methods of installing it in the instructions. I'd try using the cwm recovery method. So download the rom and put it on your phones sd card. Boot into recovery mode, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and wipe data. Then instal the rom zip. The first boot will probably get stuck at the samsung screen so hold power until your phone turns off, boot into recovery again and reflash the rom. Now when you reboot your phone you should be good to go.

3. ZR160_MAJ

ZR160_MAJ Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 15, 2011
    Swansea - S.Wales
    My phone did not come with a sd card.....im guessing i will need one?

Also whats the CWM recovery method....what does CWM mean lol ???

cheers

Maj

4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    Sorry I meant your phones memory, its known as internal sd. Since you are already rooted you need to boot into recovery mode by turning your phone off and then turning it back on by holding the power button, menu and volume up together. You then need to clear cache, clear dalvik cache (found in advanced menu) and factory reset. Then navigate to instal zip from sd card. Then either choose zip from sd or choose zip from internal sd (depending on which version of recovery you have) then find the rom zip and flash.

If you haven't done so already make a backup before you wipe anything. This can be done on recovery mode. You may also want to download titanium backup and backup all your apps first.

Edit: Oh yeah almost forgot. CWM recovery means clockworkmod recovery.

5. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Coventry
    I had this problem to begin with and it was driving me nutts.

it turned out i had rooted using a kernel without cwm in it so every time i tryed booting into cwm i would just boot into android recovery .

my fix was to download the siyah kernel and use odin via pc to load it.

its also widely reported that with cyanogen you need to flash twice

6. Beeblebrox

Beeblebrox Newbie
    None

Nov 5, 2011
    I had tons of trouble and was able to solve them like 16 hrs later. My previous thread post may be of help.

The signature verification error occurred when I tried to use ROM manager on the nightly version but not on the regular flashing method.

Two things about CM:
    - the Camera app is "ok", but I noticed that the quality of some of the Macro pics I took with the default software was much better.
    - I could not make the FM radio to work and the only similar app is Spirit FM and seems bit buggy at SGS2. I have not tried FM TwoO or CRC FM Radio yet.